Leave the preparation of Wills, Personal Directives and Enduring Powers of Attorney in our capable hands!

One of AzPerLegal Services’ areas of expertise lies in assisting with the preparation of Wills, Enduring Powers of Attorney and Personal Directives (Living Wills) for individuals/couples. While the normal layperson can draft up these documents, i.e., “the Will kits”, there are many pitfalls to doing so which can lead to difficulties in carrying out the terms of those documents when they come into effect.

As a paralegal firm, we have the benefit of a wealth of legal knowledge and practical experience. We are a mobile service and are more than happy to meet with you at a location of your choosing to answer any questions or concerns you may have and to properly assist you in preparing these documents. We are also well connected to assist you with any estate planning questions you may have.


What Happens When You Don’t Have Anyone you can name as Personal Representative (Executor) of your Estate?

The inability to name someone as your Personal Representative (formerly called Executor) is a big stumbling block to making a Will, so much so that often people just give up. AzPerLegal Serviced offers a service whereby we wil act as your Personal Representative and administer your estate. We will undertake all estate administration duties once we obtain the Grant of Probate for your estate, including notifying all creditors, pay out any outstanding debts of the Estate, including filing the final income tax return and paying the final taxes and then issuing the beneficial gifts to your designated beneficiaries. Please refer to our “Estate Administration” page for more information.


Fee Schedule

All prices are plus GST

Paralegal Services (for a standard document)

Senior’s discount is available upon request.

Will only $400.00 $600.00
Enduring Power of Attorney or
Personal Directive (Living Will)
$225.00 $325.00
All three – Will, Enduring Power of
Attorney and Personal Directive
$600.00 $800.00
Any two of Will, Enduring Power of
Attorney or Personal Directive
$500.00 $700.00
Codicil to Will $225.00 $325.00
Specific Power of Attorney $225.00 $325.00
Specific Power of Attorney $275.00 $375.00
Happy Family After Will

Probating A Will

What does it mean to probate a Will? The Personal Representative (the executor) named in the deceased’s Will helps to determine the value of the deceased’s belongings, pay the pending taxes and bills, and distribute what remains of his/her Estate to the named beneficiaries. All this is done through submission of a series of documents to the Surrogate Court for review and subsequent approval.

Before probating the Will, the Personal Representative (executor) must ensure he or she is in possession of the most current Will. Throughout the probate process, the Personal Representative must keep an accurate record of any funds coming into the Estate (reimbursements, survivor benefit, etc.) as well as disbursements of Estate funds. As the Personal Representative, you are held accountable to perform the tasks of the Deceased as they would have wanted them performed.

What Happens When Someone Dies without a Will? Obtaining a Grant of Administration

What happens when someone dies without a Will? How does one go about “probating” the estate? When an individual dies intestate (without a Will or when the Will cannot be located), the appointment of a personal representative or representatives and the distribution of the residue of the Estate is governed by the Estate Administration Act. The Estate Administration Act sets out a formula to who has what is called “priority” to apply to the Court to be appointed Personal Representative (the new term for executor) and to apply for what is called a Grant of Administration. The Grant of Administration is much like a Grant of Probate with one difference. The Grant of Administration appoints the Personal Representative and gives the appointed Personal Representative the right, as granted by the Court, to administer the Estate.

How do you know who to give the estate to if there is no Will? Again, when someone dies intestate (without a Will or when the Will cannot be located), how the estate is distributed is governed by the Wills and Succession Act. In preparing the Application for a Grant of Administration on your behalf, AzPerLegal exercises its extensive knowledge and experience in this area to obtain the Grant of Administration on your behalf.


Probate and Estate Services at AzPerLegal

Why do you want to use our services? We understand that you may not want to deal with the paperwork of probating a Will and administering an Estate after the death of a loved one. We know it is often difficult to comprehend the ins and outs of the legal system. We can help take the stress off you by handling the affairs of a Deceased loved one’s Estate ensuring all necessary documents are submitted to the Surrogate Court on your behalf. You can rely on AzPerLegal to help get you through this difficult time.

Fees & Disbursements

All prices are plus GST

All prices are plus GST

Up to $150,000.00 $1,600.00 plus disbursements
Over $150,000.00 $1,900.00 plus disbursements

*AzPerLegal reserves the right to increase its fees if there are more than two beneficiaries*

Court Filing Fees

Court Filing Fees as determined by net value of Estate (if net of value of Estate is):

$10,000 & under $35.00
$10,001 to $25,000 $135.00
$25,001 to $125,000 $275.00
$125,001 – $250,000 $400.00
$250,001 and above $525.00

Plus applicable disbursements such as advertising, delivery, etc. as required

“she not only provides Five Star Service but does it quickly…”

Christine of AzPer Legal has worked on a couple of projects for us here at Rockyview Roofing and she not only provides Five Star Service but does it quickly, efficiently and at fair rates. So glad you’re on our side, Chris!