Required Materials To Effectively Assist Landlords In RTDRS Disputes




Landlord Disputes

You have had the unpleasant experience of renting to a tenant who has breached the terms of the lease agreement by failing to pay rent or by breaching other terms of the agreement (smoking, partying, etc.) Now what? The task can seem daunting and time consuming when it comes to recovery of rent, recovery of the premises, or recovery for damages incurred by the tenant to your rental premises. This is where we step in and take the stress and load off of you. Set out below is a listing of information required by us to effectively assist you in bringing a claim for recovery, possession of the premises, overholding tenant, etc. at the RTDRS.

  • Name of Homeowner
  • Application for Tenancy Form
  • Lease Agreement
  • Copy of Rent Ledger
  • Eviction notices (if any), and proof of delivery, i.e. Statutory Declaration or picture
  • Notices to Tenant (if any), i.e. warning for pets on premises, etc. and proof of delivery, if available (i.e. picture)
  • If breach of lease due to move out – copies of receipts relating to advertising for new tenant
  • If, on move out, there are damages – copies of all receipts for repair to damages, including:
  • – receipts for cleaning (even if they are handwritten and signed – must be signed, dated and indicate amount)
  • – receipts for all repairs done
  • Move in inspection report
  • Move out inspection report
  • Date tenant vacated premises – if not clear, best guess
  • Copies of any returned cheques ; copy of cheque for security deposit (if available)
  • If there are unpaid utilities, copies of the outstanding invoices from utilities company